The new online Registration process for access into South Australia is as follows:
1. Complete the Online application 72 hours prior to entry into SA.
A document from the Employer is also required (uploaded with the application) stating the driver is employed by the company to perform this essential service of delivering freight into South Australia.
2. The 'Close Contact Form' also must be completed and held by the driver.
SA Border Document - Essential Traveller Close Contact Form
Effective from 1 JULY 2020, that ALL TRUCK DRIVERS entering South Australia must:
- Apply online to enter South Australia.
- That the new Online Essential Traveller Application is MANDATORY.
- It replaces existing paper Essential Traveller documentation, which will NOT be accepted at the border from 00:01hrs 1 July 2020
SA Police are understood to be providing assistance to Drivers at the border with entry applications, if they have not applied online.
SARTA is expecting that initially there will be border crossing delays into SA, particularly if drivers are entering from Victoria.
We will keep members updated when further information is received.
Full details about the new border crossing requirements into SA can be found at: