The following COVID-19 Resources aim to help you put systems in place that suit your business needs. Please simplify or expand on as you need.
Safety Guideline Info Sheets:
Safety Guidelines Info Sheet - Cabin Cleaning
- Maintain good hygiene when in the trucks
- Clean “high traffic” touch points as often as possible but a minimum daily (steering wheel, door handles, UHF, controls etc)
- Ensure you have detergent and water in tanks for cleaning your hands
- Ensure you have appropriate PPE on board (hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes etc)
Safety Guidelines Info Sheet - Truck Stops
- Be aware of current restrictions around close contact with people while performing the freight task
- Be mindful when out in the public
- Self isolate and maintain social distancing
- Maintain highest level of hygiene practices (ie. PPE, sanitisers, disinfectant wipes, social distance/self isolate) when refueling, making payments, using facilities (restaurant, bathrooms), Delivery/pick up at sites etc
- No passengers in the trucks
- If unwell stay home
- If travelling over borders or into hot-spots, continue voluntary COVID-19 testing every 7 days
- Use the Close Contact Register if traveling interstate and/or in and out of hot-spots
Safety Guidelines Info Sheet - Truck Drivers
- Practice social distancing
- Plan your route, where you will take rest breaks and potential truck stops you will use
- Do you cross state borders? Be aware of current restrictions/testing requirements etc
- Keep your truck clean
- Use disinfectant to clean high touch areas and items (ie. Phone and keys)
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with you elbow or tissue
- Stay home if your unwell (seek medical assistance when needed)
- Consider drivers getting flu shot
In addition to these quick references, the COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness Course is FREE and was developed specifically for Truck and Delivery Drivers. The course is a valuable training resource to demonstrate you are taking every precaution to implement COVID-19 hygiene protocols to keep your drivers, delivery sites and the community safe.
A Joint Initiative of DRVR Training and the Queensland Trucking Association.
For further information about the QTA COVID-19 Hygiene Awareness course, please contact Linda MacDonald, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe Work Australia - COVID-19
Click on the logo for COVID-19 Resources from the
Safe Work Australia Website
Queensland Government - COVID-19