The NHVR’s Customer Portal is the new way for industry to prepare, lodge and track their Access permit applications. It is free for users and businesses to register for the Customer Portal, using a simple sign up process and just a few easy steps to lodge your permit application.
Visit https://www.nhvr.gov.au/customer-portal to sign up to the NHVR Customer Portal.
After consulting with industry reference groups, access permit applications via email and online ‘smart forms’ are planned to be discontinued from 30 September 2016. The fax and mail channels will remain open and customers will still be able to pay by cheque.
Progress to Date
The AccessCONNECT Program team has worked with stakeholders and industry to create the Customer Portal, and released the product in stages to industry over a 3-month period from beginning of May to end of July 2016. During this staged roll out, over 1,500 Access permit applications were lodged through the Portal, accounting for 20% of all applications. The NHVR fully released the Customer Portal for Access permit applications to all industry on 1st August 2016. Lodgements through the Customer Portal continue to increase, with 62% in September of all Access permit applications being lodged through the new service.
Benefits of the Customer Portal
The initial review of performance and feedback from customers has been positive:
- Well-made applications: improved quality of information included in applications when lodged
- Reduced number of requests for further information due to completed application details
- Time saved in getting applications to Road Managers to commence assessment quicker
- Re-using previous application data: ability to re-use vehicle configurations and permit applications
- Understanding application progress: new Case Tracker – where applications are at in the assessment process
- Improved routing capability: a new and improved integrated Route Planner product
Important Information/Fact Sheets
For further information on the NHVR Customer Portal or AccessCONNECT Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 MYNHVR (1300 696 487) standard 1300 call charges apply (check with your phone provider).