Heavy Vehicle Rest Area (HVRA) Mobile Phone App: Be Part of the Customer Experience
The objective of the HVRA app is to enable immediate access of rest area information that may assist to improve the health and wellbeing of heavy vehicle drivers. This may contribute to reducing fatigued-related crashes. The features of the HVRA app may include:
The Department of Transport & Main Roads are seeking input from heavy vehicle drivers who are required to have a fatigue management plan, to take part in helping to develop the HVRA app.
- identifying all types of rest areas across the state road network,
- description of each rest area (amenities, utilities, parking bays and so on), and
- a check-in feature to know how many parking bays are available at a rest area (which could assist dangerous goods vehicles).
Once you have the concept model of the HVRA app on your phone you are able to start testing the app.
YOUR FEEDBACK will assist in making the HVRA app:
Drivers are encouraged to attend drop-in sessions which are available between 1pm - 4pm to provide more detailed feedback on:
- work better for you and other drivers,
- have the right information at your fingertips, and
- understand how you and other drivers make decisions about your obligated rest stops.
- Tuesday 11 July 2017
- Wednesday 26 July 2017
- Tuesday 8 August 2017
Venue: TMR's Customer Experience Lab at 41 George Street (Mineral House) Brisbane.
If you would like to attend one or more of the drop-in sessions please RSVP via email at HVRestAreas@tmr.qld.gov.au or by telephone on 3066 2197.
Testing Within Government (TWiG) innovation program
The development of the HVRA app for the Department of Transport and Main Roads is part of Advance Queensland's Testing Within Government (TWiG) innovation program which supports Queensland's Small to Medium Enterprises (SMEs) to improve the positioning of their ICT products to address business problems, while collaborating with the Queensland Government. For more information on the TWiG program, see http://advance.qld.gov.au/small-business/twig.aspx