On Saturday night 14th October the Association held our 27th Annual Industry Awards with a tremendous night enjoyed by everybody. It is a night for our industry to see such high calibre people winning our Awards. It is also a time to be grateful as an industry for our people and be confident the future is in great hands. Among the 350 guests were quite a number of our political leaders who enjoyed the evening with our industry along with our members, suppliers, industry stakeholders and corporate sponsorship partners.
QTA President, Julie Russell said “The Awards focussed on and celebrates a wide range of individuals and companies for their contribution, and achievement of the highest standards, in the transport and road freight task. Our industry enjoys the highest levels of professionalism and we are delighted to recognise our best. Sincere congratulations to all who were judged to be examples of excellence in our industry by the awarding of special recognition in their particular award category".
The QTA also celebrated 110 years of serving the road freight industry in Queensland.
Awards were presented during the evening:
1. Professional Driver of the Year - Mark Waddington, Cannon Logistics
2. Industry Safety Award - Followmont Transport
3. Industry Excellence Award - Ross Fraser OAM, Frasers Livestock Transport
4. Young Achiever Award (Joint Winners) - Errin-Leigh Ebzery, Team Transport & Logistics and Rodolfo Morales, Bonds Transport
5. People Leadership Excellence - Team Transport & Logistics
6. Trucking Woman of the Year - Belinda Polglase, All Purpose Transport
To find out more about each Award Winner, click here.