TMR would like to advise enabling works will be commencing on the Gateway Motorway flyover structure in Bald Hills.
These enabling works are being undertaken as the first step in preserving the ongoing functionality of the flyover structure. These enabling works will be followed by the main construction works.
- Enabling works will commence mid-May 2020 and be completed by mid-2020, construction and weather conditions permitting.
- Standard construction hours will be between 7:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Saturday and 7:00 pm to 6:00 am Sunday to Friday.
- Installation of temporary signage
- Installation of road safety barriers
- Line scrubbing and marking
- Temporary pavement installation
- Bridge pier reinforcement
REVISIT THE RESTRICTIONS via VIDEO - click image
- Heavy vehicle restrictions, implemented on 1 September 2019, remain in place.
- Traffic control and signage will be in place as required. Please allow extra time when planning your travel.
TMR appreciates your patience while these important works are being carried out and will make every effort to minimise disruptions throughout the duration of this project.
Upon completion, TMR officers will continue to review the site for up to three months to access the work undertaken for longevity and quality and in some cases, TMR may need to request further work at the location to rectify any defects.