Safety and Risk
The Queensland Trucking Association (QTA) acknowledges the importance of safety amongst our members and in industry at large. As such, we have partnered with DWF Risk to provide members with a wide range of Safety and Risk Information, business advisory and support services.
All general advice is included in the cost of your membership, only matters requiring complex document preparation, management of complex matters and representation are charged on a fee-for-service basis.
The DWF Risk team will provide responsive, clear, and concise advice to your queries offering phone, email, and face-to-face communication.
What we help with
QTA Membership includes the provision of advice in the following areas:
- Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) legislation, including duties of PCBU and officers
- Workers Compensation
- HVNL and Chain of Responsibility
- The difference between the above legislation, and maintaining compliance with each
Fee for Service will apply for any matter requiring complex investigation, document preparation, mediation service and representation. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Site visits or site 'walkthroughs’
- Incident investigation
- Development of a new WHS management system
- Review of existing WHS management system
- Development of member specific WHS documents
- Development of Safety and Risk Training modules
- Delivery of Safety and Risk Training
A library of basic WHS document templates is also available to purchase.
Note: Some services are available to non-members on a fee-for-service basis. Please contact Darren Sharry for further details should you wish to engage with the QTA on this basis.
Contact us for a discussion about your Safety and Risk needs
Darren Sharry – Safety Manager
Phone: 0493 227 781