March 2018 Edition
All Industry Updates
Changes to freight, servicing and deliveriesIt is important to plan your freight movements well in advance of the Games to ensure your business continues with minimum disruption. Refer to the following useful resources to help keep your business moving during Games time:
- Get Set for the Games website
- Local Area Maps
- Games Route Network Map
- National Heavy Vehicle Regulator website
- QLD Smart Freight App (Smartphone application designed for the freight industry and modelled off the QLDTraffic App - available from the iTunes and Android app stores).
The Comparing high-use training package qualifications tool is a new form of research product produced by NCVER. A hybrid of a research report and a data slicer, it provides easy and intuitive access to the data while also providing additional insight and analysis not usually included in a statistics or data product.
Discuss the webinar topic with NCVER on Thursday 19th April, 2.00pm AEST (click here to check your time zone).
Skills Development Workshops
AIS is holding a series of free workshops around the country in 2018. These workshops build on the highly successful AIS Skills Forum held last year. They are aimed at fostering a clearer understanding of the Training Package development process and how you can be involved.
Workshops will be held in each state and territory, commencing from May this year. Dates will be communicated once confirmed.
- What can you expect from this event:
- An overview of the National VET system and Training Package development process
- Insights into industry workforce trends
- Opportunity to engage in the skills development process
- Roundtable discussion on emerging skills needs
These workshops will give participants the opportunity to share ideas on strategies for meeting workforce skills needs now and into the future. To register your interest for this free event, please click here.
Click here to read the full March newsletter